Sunday, March 11, 2012

More UK Madness, again

"The UK is just as free as the US but they have less gun crime" is what I hear often from the gun grabbing anti-rights establishment. I recently posted about UK madness and their banning of coffee where I pointed out that although the UK has less 'gun crime' their violent crime is 5 times that of the United States.

All together let's sing in harmony "UK is just a free as the US, they just have less 'gun deaths'." Stop it!

When I think freedom, I think about free speech, among other things. If your speech can be stifled by the government, you aren't a free people. So, I present to you today, the latest madness from the not so free UK.



The article that caught my attention is from msmbc

The British government will argue in court that Christians don't have a right to wear a cross or crucifix openly at work, the Sunday Telegraph reported.
The newspaper said the landmark case before the European Court of Human Rights involves two British women who are trying to establish their right to display the cross. The Telegraph said it's the first time the government has had to openly address whether Christians have a right to wear the symbol at work.

Yes, yes, freedom at it's finest, NOT! I understand that businesses have to have a dress code. The business wants to portray a certain look for it's customers. When I'm not working umm, at work, I'll skip shaving, dress in cloths that has more holes than Swiss cheese because I'm usually working outside tending to the animals, fixing roads, moving dirt, normal ranch duties. When I'm working at, well work, I'm clean shaven, wearing slacks, tie, coat hanging someplace, pistol tucked here or there, patrol riffle slung over my shoulder, shotgun holstered on my back, grenades tucked in  pouches. Ok, not quite that much. My employer wants the personnel to present themselves as professionals and I agree with that. Certainly, my employer doesn't want the public to confuse us with ranch hands (not that there's anything wrong with being a ranch hand)

"Wait, wait, wait" I hear you say, "what if the company forbids all religious symbols?" They do not. One company is British Airways who has given members of other religions "special status for garments or symbols such as the Sikh turban and kara bracelet, or the Muslim hijab".

No sir, that's not freedom, that's oppression, what are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment