Friday, March 23, 2012

Brady v Baldwin

A week or so ago, I posted a comparison between the Brady Bunch top ten gun restrictive states and the Baldwin Top Ten gun friendly states. We saw there, that the states with the more gun friendly laws have a lower violent crime rate and a lower murder rate than the states with the more gun hatred laws. I doubt if anyone was surprised.

While working on a different project, I was listing the Murder rates next to the Violent Crime Rates for all 50 states and the District. I started noticing that some states had a higher percentage of violent crime that resulted in murder. I just had to do another comparison. What I found is that the average rate of murder, throughout the US is 1.14% of the violent crime rate. As you can see from the chart below, in Column F, the Brady ten falls within that average.


Now, comparing the Baldwin Top Ten, we see that conversion rate from violent crime to murder is much lower.


Ain't that some shit? The Baldwin Top Ten states have more firearms, gun friendly laws, lower crime rates, lower murder rates and a lower percentage of violent crime that turns deadly.

I think this is a good argument for more guns and less restrictive laws. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment