Friday, March 16, 2012

This is so stupid I can't think of a title

More IDIOCY from the UK. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the UK, but every anti-rights gun grabbing mouthpiece have to compare the US to the UK, and say we're the same except gun violence. If we had 'common sense' gun laws like UK. STOP! UK doesn't have gun laws, they have gun bans. Handguns are forbidden, and long guns are HEAVILY regulated. That's not the point of this post, though.

In the comments section of WaronGuns, a blog operated by Gun rights Examiner David Codrea , Commenter Vinnie posted a link to an article from metro.co.uk Extinguishers banned as a fire safety hazard.


Fire extinguishers could be removed from communal areas in flats throughout the country because they are a safety hazard, it has emerged.
The life-saving devices encourage untrained people to fight a fire rather than leave the building, risk assessors in Bournemouth decided.

Wait, What? Yep, REMOVE the FIRE EXTINGUISHERS because people are too stupid to operate one.

I've got a couple of fire extinguishers in my home and shop. A fire extinguisher comes as standard equipment with my agency issued car and I even put one in my truck. Do I expect a fire? Nope, but I've got some just in case.

When I was a young man, I kept a fire extinguisher in my car and actually had the occasion to use it one time while stuck in traffic. A car near me caught on fire. I was able to extinguish the fire with the (Oh Snap, that why they're called fire extinguishers) with no training. Instructions are clearly marked on the canister. I just looked at the one in the kitchen and yep, still has the picture. Point hose at fire, pull lever and spray.

Back to the crazy:

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents backed their removal because different extinguishers should be used on different types of fire.

Here's a tip Dumbasses, put ABC extinguishers in every location and you won't have to worry about the wrong extinguisher being used, or better yet, have a little FAITH in YOUR CITIZENS oh, I mean subjects.


But Mike Edwards, who lives in one of the blocks, said he was 'absolutely staggered' that risk experts thought it a safe decision.
'They are worried we will point them in the wrong direction or use the wrong extinguishers,' he said. 'But if you are trapped in a burning building, you will work out how to use one.'

Mike Edwards should run for King.

Tell me what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment